This is an engagement session in the most literal sense – as in, they got engaged DURING THE SESSION. I love how the universe pulled everything together for this one.. a quick timeline of how everything transpired –
– Linda, soon-to-be engaged and ridiculously sweet, emails me regarding photographing her wedding this year.
– I find I’m unfortunately already booked in the month she was looking at.
– Super bummed-ness all around.
– A few weeks pass, I get an email from Reggie, saying he’ll be proposing to Linda soon, he knows we were in contact, and would I photograph the proposal?
– HECK YEAH.
– We plan it all out ninja-style (complete with code texts – I believe Reggie had me inputted in his phone as “Aunt Amy.”)
– The proposal happens at the lovely Santa Monica beach, we do portraits afterwards around the pier, and I get to work with this amazing couple after all!